Friday, December 28, 2012

Fat for the Holidays!

Fat for the holidays! Oh I mean back for the Holidays...but I guess both work.

I have not blogged in forever, mostly due to laziness on both blogging and training, but I ordered a Brydge back in November and I said when it comes in I will blog more. So it came in on Christmas Eve and here I am. I have to hold to it or my wife will give me a hard time, and this Brydge makes it so easy to type on the go on the iPad.

The last time I did anything race/training related was for the Duathlon back in October. Needless to say this Holiday season hasnt been the best for my fitness or waist line. There has been really no motivation, except for a day here or there. After the duathlon I looked for races to plan out my 2013 schedule, but most places don't schedule or have information on races until january... I was hoping for some continued motivation from that but I guess not.

Here it is almost January though, and it is time for a new year. It is time for this year to be the year I become a triathlete. As I read through my old posts I become motivated and as I look at the achievements I set for myself after the duathlon I am ready to start.

After the Duathlon I knew that I was entering the offseason. I knew there would probably not be much more except for maybe a 5k, and so I jotted down a list on my phone of things I wanted to accomplish with my training in 2013.

Here they are. When I see that list I see the makings of a good year. I see myself looking back on 2013 and saying that I did something to reach my dreams, but then again only 8% of people actually accomplish their New Years resolutions. That is exactly why this is not a list of resolutions, this is a list of races for me this year. I already know the 10k is in August, the Duathlon is in October, with a 15k in late October leading up to my "A race" of the year, the Half Marathon in November. I will mix in some 5k's throughout the year, and then I just need to find 2 sprint Triathlons and a stand alone bike race. That is my goal for these next couple weeks.

Some may look at this list and see a lofty goal, I see motivation. I see fun and exactly who I want to be in this area of my life. I believe it is time for a great new year!




No comments:

Post a Comment