Monday, August 6, 2012

This week > last week

Week one training for my new journey started off ok....and then went down hill. Last week was a strange week. We just got back in town after a week long vacation in the mountains where we did nothing and ate way too much. My week of work was crazy busy trying to catch up on what I had missed and trying to get ready for the new sermon series. Then at the end of the week my oldest daughter (3 years old) and my wife got sick....and in turn I got sick. So with all of that, this is how my week looked.

                    Training:                            Nutrition:
Mon:         4 mile run.                         Way too much
Tues:        8.4 mile bike.                     Way too much
Wed:        Jungle gym xt/ stairs.         Way too much
Thur:        N/A.                                    Way too much
Fri:           N/A.                                    Nothing (sick)
Sat:          N/A.                                    Not much
Sun:         7 mile bike.                         Way too much

As you can see it wasn't exactly the week that I wanted getting ready for my 10k, especially with nutrition, but after I type it up I am proud; it is way more than I was doing before. The weird thing about it all is that even though the week crazy I don't blame it on that. The truth is that I really badly want to be a triathlete, but I am having a hard time getting motivation to eat right and to do my daily workouts. Most mornings I intend to wake up early and run, but my bed is so comfortable. There has been no motivation to overcome my comfort. Even as I sit here writing this blog, it is because I decided my bed looked comfy while the kids nap instead of a workout. In the end you have to push through, or fail, and I am not ready to fail, so here is my plan.

Just yesterday I asked a friend to help train me. He is an insanely fit healthy person who has run races from 5 milers to 50 milers. He said we would come up with something, so until then here is my schedule for the week.

Monday: little swim while boating - 3 mile run evening
Tuesday: 4 mile run
Wednesday: strength and core work (Jungle Gym XT)
Thursday: 5 mile morning run
Friday: 3 mile morning run
Saturday: 10k race

I will let you know how training went and how the 10k was after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment